Tag Archives: staining

Thinking about Books.

In assignment 4 I spoke about the idea of creating a book, or several books, relating to the idea of absence/presences, and the possibility of it being a way to collate some of the many images, photographs, diagrams and notations … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Reflections on these solar dyeing experiments.

These were very much ‘I wonder if I could…’ experiments that would explore further the properties and potential of working with willow. I do feel it has a lot of potential in terms of capturing something of the willow. I … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

ThreeWillowTrees.

These 3 saplings from a twisted willow tree had also been bundled up for approximately 6 months. A similar plumy pink to orangey colour has come out, turning to various shades of brown. There are some very intricate, fine marks in … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

OneWillowTree.

This willow sapling has been wrapped in linen, then layers and layers of clingfilm to maintain the moisture for approximately 6 months. There was a mixture of green and orangey tones, which later turned to varying tones of brown. There … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

6 months on….

I can’t believe I have managed to leave these for so long. The intention being that the more time would allow for more colour to come out of the materials and greater definition of the remaining marks. I really wasn’t … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Bundles given a steaming.

These are the ‘other 4 bundles’ that I didn’t open up, but instead decided to steam and give a little more time. These 4 contain organic materials- leaves, roots and small twigs from the living willow sculptures- Top-hat and 3’O’s. … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Assessing the bundle experiments.

Couldn’t resist checking some of the bundles to see how they were working. They had been sitting on the radiator just over a month. (bundled on 7/1/15 and un-bundled on 8/2/15) The 2 other bundles I had made had quite … Continue reading

Posted in Painting 3- Major Project | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment